I’m working on my latest book which will be published in 2010 and featured on Amazon and elsewhere. The exciting news is that you can be in it if you’re a home stager with an interesting story to share.
Don’t worry — you don’t have to be a professional writer to participate! We will edit your story if it is chosen for inclusion in the book.
“Life as a Home Stager: An Inside Look at What It’s Really Like in the Home Staging Business” is filled with heartwarming, funny and sometimes shocking stories about what it’s really like being a home stager. Inspiring and informative, this book will give you an honest look at what it’s like to work in this exciting and creative industry.
To participate, you might tell us about:
- a client who was going through a particularly difficult or life-changing event when you staged their home and how you helped them through the process.
- a tricky staging project and how you rose to the challenge.
- a client’s strange choice of decor and how you convinced them to change it.
- a time you donated your staging services to help someone in need.
- a funny mishap or a silly mistake you made while staging a client’s home.
- how your staging career has effected other aspects of your life.
I’ll be including many of my own stories from the past 7 years of staging clients’ homes, but I’m looking for your story too. My goal is to paint a picture of “a day in the life” of a home stager to give aspiring and fellow home stagers an opportunity to learn from our experiences and integrate the lessons-learned into their own businesses.
Remember you don’t have to be a professional writer. Anything you submit will be edited, you just have to give us the interesting story to start with. If you’re selected, you’ll get a free copy of the book once it’s printed PLUS the bragging rights of saying you’re featured in a published book, adding to your own credibility as a home stager.