Your home staging portfolio is one of the most important marketing pieces you have as a professional in such a creative industry because it’s a direct reflection of your abilities.
Like any ability, true mastery comes with practice. The longer you are a home stager, the better you get at transforming homes. It’s important that your portfolio reflects the evolution of your talents. Too many stagers put their website or Directory of Home Stagers portfolio together and then never touch it again for years. It’s important to keep your work fresh, to incorporate newer and better project photos, new testimonials and success stories, etc.
8 Must Have Items for your Home Staging Portfolio
- Your Photo – a quality headshot, not a vacation snapshot
- Your Company Logo – a professional reflection of your company’s identity
- Your Personal Profile – a compelling statement of why you’re the person to hire
- Success Stories – examples of successes you’ve had, even if they’re your own homes to start with
- Testimonials – specific statements about the difference you made to a client
- Before and After Photos with Captions – make sure these show true transformations and not just that you can clean off countertops
- Press Clippings and Home Staging Stories – examples of staging in the media, preferably with you in them, but any stories help build credibility for what you’re selling
- Contact Information – make it obvious and easy to contact you